PAL by Text
Parenting Resources in the Palm of your Hand.
Parents are on-the-go. PAL’s new resource, PAL by Text, is designed with your convenience in mind. Simply text “PAL” to 274448 and you’ll be on your way to receiving notices about family-friendly events & resources in your area, as well as parenting tips from trusted experts.
Text "PAL" to 274448.
Get Notices about Family-Friendly Events & Resources:
A lot of great things are happening in our communities now! And while we won’t overload you, PAL will do our best to let you know about a variety of family-friendly events & community resource initiatives happening near you.
Typical community notices cover:
- Available Resources: food pantry distributions, health fairs, ect.
- Educational Opportunities: guided nature walks, story time, STEM activities, etc.
- Cultural Events: art or music festivals, heritage events, etc.
- Just-for-fun family activities: holiday celebrations, fireworks, parades, etc.
Receive Parenting Tips from Trusted Experts:
Through PAL by Text, PAL will share helpful tips, info and activities on physical and mental health, social-emotional wellbeing, safety, brain development, connections, encouragement and more. We strive to serve all families: our messages embrace diversity and are currently offered in English and Spanish. Subscribe today and receive the info you need most for raising little ones, from pregnancy through age 8. And you’ll continue to receive content about community resources until your child turns 18!
Timely Tips by Text
A whole child, whole family approach. Our messages cover:
- Physical health
- Preparing for baby
- Parental well-being
- Stress Management
- Bonding with child
Milestones & How Children:
- Play & Learn
- Math skills with activities
- Encouraging creativity
- Early literacy and reading
- Music and art
Community & World:
- Social-emotional skills
- Embracing diversity
- Practicing kindness
- Community helpers
Health, Safety & Wellness:
- Doctor visits
- Physical health
- Mental health and well-being
- Preventing poisonings
- Health insurance, healthy foods and other needs
- Local events and resources
- Statewide health and safety resources