Parenting Assistance Line - PAL
Resources for Parents
Pre-School - Websites
- www.askdrsears.com- Dr. Sears, or Dr. Bill as his "little patients" call him, is the father of eight children as well as the author of over 30 books on childcare. This web site is packed full of information on just about any subject having to do with raising healthy children.
- www.kidshealth.org- KidsHealth is the largest and most-visited site on the Web providing doctor-approved health information about children from before birth through adolescence. KidsHealth has separate areas for kids, teens, and parents - each with its own design, age-appropriate content, and tone.
- www.keepkidshealthy.com- Among the features that keepkidshealthy.com offers to parents are free parenting advice, plus info on kids nutrition, growth, development, common problems, diseases and conditions and infections.
- www.attachmentparenting.org- Through education, support, advocacy and research, API seeks to strengthen families and increase awareness of the importance of secure attachment, ultimately helping to reduce or prevent child abuse, behavioral disorders, criminal acts and other serious social problems.
- www.parenthood.com- Parenthood.com is committed to helping families grow by offering interactive tools and more than 10,000 pages of award-winning, resource-rich content that is a trusted source for parents and expectant parents.
- www.aap.org- (American Academy of Pediatrics) - The premier site for ANY subject having to do with children's health and parenting issues.
- parenting.ivillage.com- Resources for every stage from pre-conception to teens.
- www.eparent.com (site for parents of exceptional children)
- www.babycenter.com- Parents can keep up with the latest parenting-related news and get expert advice, find the perfect baby name, use a height predictor or other useful tools, and enjoy free stuff & special offers from BabyCenter's partners.
- www.pbskids.org- Children can come and click on this site to engage in activities with familiar characters from their favorite TV shows (incl., Arthur, Barney, Between the Lions, Clifford, Zaboomafoo).
- www.nickjr.com- Another site similar to the above which also includes (amongst other things more interesting to the parents), games and activities for your child to do on - line centered around the characters from the following TV shows: Dora the Explorer, Blue's CLues, Franklin, Bob the Builder, and Little Bill (and others).